- SOS will provide eye health programs in collaboration with Ministry of Health, Division of Ophthalmic Service and help to write and implement the strategic plan of prevention of avoidable blindness in Somalia.
- To encourage research work in ophthalmic diseases or conditions.
- SOS will drive avoidable blindness out of Somalia through Quality of Eye Care. Without a team work we wouldn’t able to stop avoidable blindness.
- To encourage higher education like Masters, PhD and fellowships.
- To organize monthly CME (Continuous Medical Education), scientific conferences, Seminars and Discussions nationally and internationally.
- SOS will provide quality of eye health through training, research and education with evidence based-eye health policies and practice in the country.
- SOS will work hard to have a good relation with other ophthalmic societies regional and internationally.